GTA 6 was the subject of an immense leak over the course of the weekend, with early development footage of the following Grand Theft Auto getting shared by a hacker. Over 90 videos that purportedly showed an early build of GTA 6 were shared, while the hacker likewise professed to have acquired the source code for both GTA 6 and GTA 5. This latter claim sparked fears the GTA 6 release date could be getting pushed back, seeing as Half-Life 2 was postponed by more than a year when hackers got the game’s source code in 2003, also the development team is left with an immense uphill errand.
Yet, in its most memorable remark about the leak Rockstar Games said it expected no disturbance to the two of its ongoing live service games or future undertakings. Some have considered this to be an indication that the hacker’s guarantee they acquired the source code for both GTA 5 and GTA 6 was fake. Rockstar Games made no notice of the GTA 6 source code being taken, yet confirmed that development footage had been leaked. The company said it was ‘very disheartened’ to have details on the game reportedly shared in this way.
Rockstar Games Confirmed That GTA 6 Release Date Will Not Be Delayed Cause Of The Leak
Rockstar Games has publicly remarked on this weekend’s huge leak of Grand Theft Auto 6 footage. In an explanation published on its social channels, the company said it was very frustrated to have details on the game shared this way, and guaranteed that the leak wouldn’t delay the project. We as of late experienced a network intrusion in which an unapproved third party illegally accessed and downloaded confidential data from our frameworks, including early development footage for the next Grand Theft Auto.
As of now, we expect no disturbance to our live game service nor any long-term impact on the development of our ongoing ventures. We are very frustrated to have any details of our next games shared with you all like this. Our work on the next Grand Theft Auto game will go on according to plan and we stay as committed as ever to delivering an experience to you, our players, that really surpasses your assumptions. We will update everybody again soon and, obviously, will appropriately acquaint you with this next game when it is prepared. We need to thank everybody for their continuous help through this present circumstance.
Over an hour of apparently legitimate Grand Theft Auto 6 film was leaked on Sunday, and from that point forward, Rockstar’s parent company Take-Two has been firefighting to remove links to it. Different recordings have been removed from YouTube at the request of Take-Two, confirming the authenticity of the significant leak. Take-Two has likewise apparently requested two of the biggest internet-based Grand Theft Auto community to bring down any links to the GTA 6 footage. First presented on the GTA forums by an anonymous user, the leaked footage incorporates open-world gameplay from an alpha build of GTA 6. It’s guaranteed by the leaker that the recordings were downloaded from a Slack channel, likely belonging to a Rockstar employee.