Marco Silva thinks injured Harry Wilson will be fit for World Cup

Fulham boss Marco Silva believes Wales winger Harry Wilson will recover from his injury in time to play at the World Cup in Qatar.

The 25-year-old sustained a knee issue after a clash during his side’s pre-season behind-closed-doors friendly against Aston Villa

Silva, whose side host Liverpool in their first Premier League match since securing promotion on Saturday

Said: “It’s difficult for us to give a timeline to you really because different things can happen.

“I said last week – I have no more information right now – but I said last week that the medical staff will have to give some reports.

Fulham could come up against two former players who both left the club as youngsters on Saturday in Liverpool forwards Harvey Elliott and Fabio Carvalho.

Silva suggested that if he had joined the club a year before, Carvalho could still be a Fulham player.